The Warehouse Assistant I prepares, ships, and receives customer product ensuring proper documentation. May perform the duties of Material Handler. Ability to train and substitute leadership if supervisor not present.
- Receives Customer product through acceptance or unloading shipping container; processes all applicable documentation in an accurate manner.
- Warehouses incoming Customer product by transferring product to unprocessed storage area in a safe manner.
- Maintains an organized dock area through controlling the trailer storage area.
- Prepares product for shipment by retrieving Customer product from processed area and staging shipping area; prepares accurate shipping documentation; loads product into shipping container or transfers small packages to delivery service.
- Ensures shipment of product within shipping deadline by maintaining contact with Customer transportation personnel and with vendor and internal facility staff.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe and clean working environment by performing routine area housekeeping and reporting any unsafe conditions to facility management.
- Contributes to efficient processing operations by assisting Material Handlers as needed.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP and other directives.
- Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner to provide timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers of assistance.
- Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
- Supports the STERIS AST business imperatives of Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus, by acting with integrity, treating everyone with mutual respect, exhibiting a genuine commitment to the success of all employees, and delivering satisfaction to our Customers through teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement; this will be accomplished while acting safely and is defined as "The STERIS Way."
- Exhibits a commitment to the STERIS AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for customer satisfaction, and satisfying the customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
Duties - cont'd
- Must be certified to operate material handling equipment.
- A minimum of one (1) year clerical experience or one year of warehousing experience.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Prior experience organizing and analyzing, and minimum of Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals, ratios, rates, percentages). Can draw and interpret bar, line or pie charts.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.