Warehouse Associate (1st Shift 9-6pm
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a warehouse associate for one the Nation’s Top companies located in Hanover Park, IL. This opportunity is for a 12 Month Contract-to-Hire.
*Please send resume in Word Format*
Basic Function of the Job
This position performs a variety of warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, and quality control as directed by supervisor. Carries out activities including but not limited to picking, packing, quality control, and special handling of small shipments. This position is required to work cohesively with others on the team to achieve department goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Verifies contents of shipment by comparing to shipping documents and notes any discrepancies or damages.
• Ensures use of accurate box size to pack products efficiently. Reviews packed boxes to confirm label accuracy and sends packed boxes conveyor line for metering and quality control.
• Utilizes hand-held scanners to scan and sort product by part number or to receive product.
• Operates computer terminal to enter receipts, handling units, verify orders contain accurate count/product, and to print shipping labels.
• Accurately marks the correct number on products and ensures proper labeling.
• Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite preferred
- Possession a valid forklift certification would be a plus
- Knowledge of a Warehouse Management system, SAP preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years of warehouse or related experience
- Experience with SAP software preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Shipping, warehouse and safety procedures and some computer experience
- Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills
- Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion
- Must have the capability to use Radio Frequency technology (RF Scanners)
- Knowledge of FedEx, UPS and DHL Power Stations
- Ability to type 25-40 wpm
- Must be able to individually lift 50 lbs. and “group lift”
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust, focus, and recognize numbers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (conveyor system, etc.)
- Ability to work safely around moving equipment such as forklifts, moving conveyors etc.
- Ability to work in changing climate environments, i.e., cold during winter months and heat during summer months.
About Apex Systems:
- Apex offers a number of resources to our contractors including:
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Strong Support Network - A network of Recruiters, Support Services, and Contractor Care Representatives are here to help our contractors succeed. We have a job portal which has all of our job openings with our 1,200+ clients. We also have off-boarding/end of assignment resources to help you during the transition when you’re wrapping up, including a Career Coaching Program and 15+ Career Readiness workshops for job seekers
- Awards - Apex is a proud recipient of the Best of Staffing awards for both Client Satisfaction and Contractor Satisfaction
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision