How would you like to launch your career in a clean, stable, team-oriented environment? Would you love to work for a supply chain industry leader and still be home every day and most weekends? As a Warehouse Associate you will learn about distribution and supply chains from the inside out. You will be trained in proper warehousing and services techniques valued by Fortune 500 customers around the globe.
If you are ready for the challenge and reward, join us at our Bayonne, NJ location. What would you be responsible for day to day as you start your career? Here are some of the highlights of what you can expect:
- Working as a team contributor on all assignments
- Following all company safety policies and procedures
- Interacting professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Using computers, scan guns, forklifts and other types of motorized equipment to process our wide variety of products
- Picking, packing or shipping material while ensuring the perfect quantity and material
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
- Maintaining inventory and service level to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations
- Providing value added services for our customers
- Have fun!
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to stand and walk for periods of time that may exceed 60 minutes
- Ability to make repetitive movements, including bending, or squatting
- Demonstrated math, counting, reading and writing skills
- Ability to consistently be at work and on time
- Willingness to learn to operate typical warehouse machinery such as order pickers, forklifts, etc. (Previous experience with these types of machines is helpful but not required if you are ready to learn)
What’s in it for you:
- Medical, dental, and Vision eligibility after 60 days
- Virtual doctor visits at a reduced cost
- Annual health screenings at no cost
- Maintenance medicines at no cost (exceptions apply)
- Sick and vacation time
- 401k match and company-funded pension plan*
- Employee referral rewards such as Apple products and cash money
- Short term and long-term disability protection at no cost
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year
- National discounts on commonly used items
Who is this company with all these great things to offer?
We are Anixter. We enable the connected world. We are leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
With over $7 billion in annual revenue, Anixter adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to:
- Innovative supply chain solutions
- Over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory
- 320 warehouses/branch locations with over 9 million square feet of space
- Locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran