At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate at our Alsip facility with starting pay of $14 - $15/hr depending on shift.
Warehouse Associates will follow detailed, step-by-step instructions, to complete tasks. They will be expected to be cross trained in several different departments (including all departments in small facilities) to help move work volume through the facility. Typical Warehouse Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Focus on details to provide best-in-class quality services to our customers
- Picking items based on warehouse management system directions via picking cart or powered industrial equipment such as a forklift or cherry picker.
- Packing orders into cartons
- Positioning and cutting of wire based on customer requests
- Locating and consolidating picked orders based on warehouse management system direction
- Following detailed customer packing instructions
- Putting items away based on warehouse management system direction
- Checking items into inventory based on shipment quantities using Anixter’s warehouse management system
- Manifesting and closing orders and placing shipping labels on orders
This is a partial list of responsibilities. All positions are assigned Standard Operation Procedures which must be followed to ensure best-in-class quality. Warehouse Associates can be moved to different departments with minimal notice to help support the business and ensure on-time completion of customer orders.
Powered Industrial Equipment:
- In smaller locations: Employees will be expected to use PIE to carry out tasks.
- In larger locations: Employees may be required to us PIE, depending on their assigned department.
- PIE Types: Mostly Crown forklifts: Order Picker, Reach Truck, Dock Stocker, Sit Down Propane/Electric (size varies based on location).
Qualifications and Physical Demands
- 1+ years previous experience in a warehouse environment.
- Fast paced, detail oriented, and quality driven to provide excellent service to our customers.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work frequent over time.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Warehouse Management Systems or other comparable database systems and RF Scanning equipment.
- Demonstrated and prior experience operating forklift equipment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Intermediate math and reading skills required, generally demonstrated through the acquisition of a High School Diploma.
- Strong matching and identification skills required.
- Ability to maintain high level of focus and attention to detail for prolonged periods of time is required.
Physical Demands – Frequency for below demands: Very often, entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat, stand and walk throughout an entire shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day).
- Work within warehouse environment. Warehouse is not air conditioned and can reach temperatures of 90+ degrees during summer months.
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran