WE ARE GROWING�Build YOUR future as we continue to build ours in the Maryland market!
Universal is hiring Warehouse/Yard Associates
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware, north and eastern Maryland, and central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations.
Universal is expanding our footprint in the Maryland market with our NEW Easton location. We currently seek experienced, motivated Warehouse/Yard Associates to join the team
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every internal and external customer.
A few duties in your Warehouse/Yard role:
- This is a safety sensitive Warehouse/Yard associate position.
- You will receive, stock, ship, and count inventory items using an RF scanner.
- You will safely operate a forklift and power tools in order to stock and load all lumber and building materials.
- Assisting customers and contractors in the yard is also part of your role.
- Take pride in maintaining a clean warehouse and yard.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Competitive wage and bonus program
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-year warehouse experience handling building materials using computerized inventory systems (RF scanners)
- Forklift operation and a license are preferred
- Basic knowledge of and experience in using hand power tools, ladders, etc.
- Demonstrative commitment to safety.
- Steady physical work attracts you.
- Able to work in varied and extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Regularly lifting up to 75 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more.
- Adhere to USC�s attendance policy with dependable attendance.
- Pass background and drug testing.
- Health Benefits available (medical/dental/vision/Rx/FSA)
- Paid time off and holidays
- 401K Retirement program with Company match
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Competitive rates and bonus program
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those with relatable skills will be contacted.
It is the policy of Universal Supply Co. not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity/preference, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.