This role is located in Elkhart, IN
Want to be part of a fast-growing, high-tech company that is launching new products nationally and experiencing exceptional growth for themselves and their high performing employees?
Enjoy traveling and meeting new people, want the ability to work independently with the opportunity to enhance your career and achieve real results?
Then, Truma has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
What We Offer:
Exciting entrepreneurial, family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
Challenging and progressive career development
Competitive salaries, travel mileage reimbursements, and excellent health benefit reimbursements
Simple IRA with Company Match
Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
Open communication, informal recognition, and team-building events
And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
As the Warehouse Associate-Shipping & Receiving, you will handle the Receiving, Picking, Shipping, and
Inventory Control, ensuring safety and accuracy of material in the warehouse.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
A. Receiving, Shipping, and Inventory Control (90%)
1. Operates powered industrial truck to load and unload materials and deliveries and move
them to and from storage areas into trucks and containers.
2. Performs picking/packing of parts and preparation of pallets, boxes and packaging to ensure safety and quality of materials and goods for transport.
3. Handles the basic receiving and/or shipping of the various materials/products in an efficient and accurate way, following documented procedures.
4. Ensures parts received match the current specifications prior to stocking - or takes action to resolve proactively.
5. Confirms the count and quality of material and products being received or shipped to ensure integrity, inventory control, and overall customer satisfaction.
6. Prepares and completes necessary paperwork and PC entries to ensure efficient, on-time
delivery, inventory levels, and accurate data in the systems.
7. Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards. Handles the warranty/return of product, following the documented processes.
8. Communicates discrepancies to appropriate employees and vendors so that the issues can
be resolved quickly.
9. Performs daily equipment checks on the forklift and other equipment ensuring batteries are charged and equipment is safe for use in accordance with company policies.
10. Supports the team and other areas for the success of the business.
B. Assembly, fabrication (10%)
11. Responsible to study, read, and understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, product
manuals, process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
12. Set up, arrange, and operate equipment as per the specifications and instructions of the
13. To assemble parts or components to build systems for customers
14. Manages the fitting, building, or reconstruction of various parts to ensure engineering and specifications are met
15. To perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications
16. To implement and identify needs for improvement by conveying it to the senior personnel, so that quality of products is maintained.
17. Preforms cutting and bending of aluminum pipe to specification in a safe and accurate
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
A. Education: High School diploma, or equivalent; will consider a combination of course work and direct work experience.
B. Experience: 2+ years of experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Shipping, and inventory control, handling both local and international freight activities.
C. Certification: Forklift certification per OSHA standards. Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operators license
D. Functional Skills: Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, good math skills with a strong sense of urgency required; strong ability to prioritize and multi-task several projects well; abiity to problemsolve and execute solutions in a timely way is also key. Excellent follow through to ensure freight meets its destination on time.
E. Technical Aptitude/PC/Other: Basic skills in Microsoft Office and data systems required
F. Language Skills: Good communication skills (written and verbal) to work with external vendors, customers and internal team members at all various levels.
G. Leadership/Behaviors: Self-directed and motivated to handle all tasks efficiently; Strong customer focus and requires someone who is responsive, flexible and can work well under pressure to meet the work demands and timelines as needed.
H. Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key.
Contact us today and learn more about the Truma Family and how we can enhance Your Career!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Laborer / Warehouse Worker