Warehouse Associate – Full-Time
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Click here to learn more about our distribution services! https://youtu.be/zgbNaziQG3U
We currently have multiple opportunities for highly motivated team players as a Warehouse Associate at our Phoenix Power Solutions distribution facility. In this role, you will start out in our cutting or shipping departments. In the cutting department, you will process wire and cable for our customers using cutting machines that handle reels of wire and cable. In this role you will measure, cut to length and process many different types of wire and cable with best-in-class craftsmanship. In the shipping department, you will pack orders, QC orders, build and stage pallets of material, load trucks and interact with curriers.
Additionally, you will be expected to cross train in other departments to help grow your career and ensure our customers orders are processed on time. You can expect to work in several departments per shift to help expedite customer orders.
These positions will be on 1st shift. The expected hours for these positions will be 9:00am – 6:00pm.
Pay for these positions will be $14.00/hr. Not only do we offer a competitive starting pay rate, these positions will be eligible for a great benefits plan including; Medical, Dental, Free Annual Health Screening, Pension Plan, 401k, Vacation and Sick Time. See the Benefits section below for a comprehensive list of available benefits.
In addition, this role is responsible for:
* Picking material while ensuring perfect quantity and material match;
* Packing material with care to ensure our customers get what they ordered and in perfect shape;
* High quality, best in class, wire and cable processing;
* Operating machinery to process wire and cable, including computers and scan guns;
* Maintaining inventory and service levels to meet all necessary customer requirements and delivery deadlines;
* Stock replenishment and cycle counting;
* Use barcode scanner to scan and signal empty bins;
* Handle material shortage requests;
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision;
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers;
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments; and
* Follow company safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must have:
* At least 6 months prior work experience.
* Experience in warehousing, distribution, production, retail or manufacturing preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout a shift.
* Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day).
* Demonstrate prior experience operating forklifts and/or other powered industrial equipment.
* Demonstrated math, counting, reading and writing skills.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Pension plan participation
* Vacation time
* Sick time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
* Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Keywords: safety, warehouse, forklift, pick, pack, receive, packing, picking, receiving, wire, cable, retail, csr, customer service, production, assembly, laborer, sort, sorting, clerk, ship, shipping, deliver, cycle, count, inventory, quality, investigate, research, FIFO, ups, fedex, dhl, TL, LTL, parcel, freight, truck load, 5S, six sigma, cdl, will call, dock, replenish, load, unload, WMS, as400, fulfillment, coordinator, administration, distribution, specialist, military, Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard