Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Warehouse Associate is a skilled position. You will be responsible for accurately loading and unloading trailers, verifying route load(s), trailer reports, and maintaining the shipping yard. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great Starting pay: $16.50/hr!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You are focused on maintaining product movement in and out of the distribution center by preforming various duties.
- You will load, unload and stack products in a safe and efficient manner.
- You will count and check products for accuracy and quality. You will maintain accurate records, report overages and shortages to Supervisor. You will participate in "Cycle Counts", as required.
- You will operate material handling equipment safely; including: pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- You will receive, label and palatalize ingredient shipments.
- You will replenish products in the Distribution Center.
- You may troubleshoot issues with packing equipment, label machines, tapers, palletizers, etc.
- You will maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
- You must follow, demonstrate, and understand all Environmental Health & Safety (OHS) requirements.
- You will maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- You will meet Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
- You will participate and successfully completes all Company approved and required training, audits, etc.
- You may be assigned additional responsibilities and duties by the supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.