Underhill International Corporation, an Orange County, California based industrial distributor / manufacturer seeks qualified candidate to fill a full-time opening in our warehouse. Job responsibilities include receiving, picking, packing, cycle counting and light assembly. Qualified candidates should have prior warehouse experience and should be proficient on the computer (including UPS and FedEx manifest systems). They should have a working knowledge of warehouse operational issues including inventory movement, cycle counting, return processing, warehouse organization, and order fulfillment. Accuracy and attention to detail are mandatory. For the full-time employee, we offer a full benefit package, a smoke-free / drug-free workplace, and a clean light industrial work environment. Applicants wishing to be considered must send resume including salary history
The Warehouse Associate will increase operational efficiency, company profitability and customer satisfaction by accurately and safely receiving and storing materials, as well as picking, packing and scanning orders for pickup and delivery.
- Accurately pulls, fills, packs and sets up orders for delivery or pickup.
- Organizes shipment priorities, such as UPS, FedEx, commercial carrier, daily, job site and will call and stages the orders in uniform fashion for ease of loading and verification.
- Assists in loading the delivery truck.
- Receives shipments, logs into inventory, maintains inventory through audits.
- Locates manufacturer’s packing list, verifies receipt of each item listed, signs and attaches packing list to each bill of lading.
- Signs and dates freight bill noting all adjustments and/or damage to product and reports any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person.
- Communicates positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up.
- Moves all inventory into allocated spaces within warehouse.
- Operates a forklift safely and efficiently, maintains required certification, performs vehicle safety checks and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Assists in keeping facility clean, neat, safe and operating efficiently.
- Processes returns accurately.
- Attends product knowledge meetings as required by management.
- Assists in keeping facility secure. Ensures all equipment is stored at end of day and all doors and gates are secured.
- Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer experience with QuickBooks, Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word required. Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint a plus
- Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred.
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects, some weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior forklift experience.
- Details of the Position:
- Consistent, predicable shifts (Monday-Friday)
- Competitive, hourly pay +overtime potential
- Full benefits
- Other benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick/personal time
- Retirement Plan
Underhill International Corporation has been a familiar name to irrigation industry professionals for more than 39 years. Headquartered in Mission Viejo, California, the company is an innovative manufacturer of water-saving irrigation products for golf courses, sports fields, commercial and residential installations.
The company was founded in 1980 by industry professional Gary Underhill. He was well-known in landscape irrigation and had been affiliated with Rain Bird since the 1960s. Underhill had an ambitious goal: to lead in the formation of a consortium of major international companies dedicated to the development of large-scale agricultural projects around the world, utilizing modern irrigation technology and products. This forward-thinking consortium participated in the successful development of nearly 100,000 acres of efficiently-irrigated farmland in many third world countries.
Since the mid-1980s Underhill International has exported products from leading U.S. companies, including Hunter Industries, Bear Irrigation, Weathermatic, Chapin Watermatics, Nelson Irrigation, Bucker Irrigation and Vista Professional Outdoor Lighting. In addition, Underhill has distributed many other complementary products through an international network that includes hundreds of distributors.
In 1996 the Underhill commitment to the industry was expanded when Ed Underhill joined the company. Working his way through the ranks, today Ed Underhill heads up the firm as President and partners in the company’s sales and marketing activities with Mark Faris, who came on board in 2007. Faris has been affiliated with the golf and landscape irrigation industry for more than 25 years as a product manager and marketing professional.
Laborer / Warehouse Worker