Who are we looking for?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking Full Time Material Handler to join our team in Roanoke, TX.
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Post offer pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Align with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Perform all warehouse duties including picking, packing, receiving, counting and tracking inventory
- Use any/all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieve assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Help maintain an organized, clean, and safe warehouse
- Handle all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to the Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Perform all work in accordance with the Company Safety Guidelines and procedures with safety and regulatory licensure compliance
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Able to safely and efficiently operate all warehouse equipment/machinery
- Able to meet deadlines, cutoffs and budgetary requirements
- Sound organization and administrative skills
- Solid communication skills
- Able to work effectively with others
- Basic computer skills with MS Office
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year warehouse experience preferred
- Background in warehousing and distribution preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- MS Office, Shipping and proprietary software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Moving 75% of the time
- Frequently grasp, reach, bend and stop in narrow/confined spaces
Positions Reporting to This Position:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the right to require and assign other duties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.