Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Rogge is the grocery division of Charlie's Produce, which has been provisioning companies and vessels throughout Alaska for over seventy years. Over the years we have built a reputation for providing outstanding customer service and have developed unparalleled expertise in product selection and handling for remote markets.
Monday - Friday 6a - 230p, with weekends and overtime as business needs.
Rogge is looking for a duel role Class B Driver/Warehouse utility worker. In this role you will spend your time between driving box trucks, tractor trailers, and warehouse duties as needed by each day's workflow. This position requires a flexible mindset and willingness to assist in any department within the Rogge Warehouse Operation. Driving responsibilities include pick-ups and deliveries throughout the region. Warehouse duties include consolidating and/or picking orders, receiving deliveries, loading, unloading, monthly inventory and maintaining the warehouse.Must be a self-starter, team-focused and able to work in a fast paced environment. Particular attention must be given to safety, accuracy, quality and timeliness. Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklifts and power jack equipment.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Performs daily routine safety checks, and pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicle
- Safe and efficient delivery of produce to customers in box trucks or tractor trailers
- Ensures all safety measures appropriate for operation of assigned vehicle are consistently and efficiently applied
- Consolidate and/or pick orders customer place
- Double check orders accuracy
- Receive and check incoming product
- Offload trucks using equipment such as forklift or pallet jack
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 1 year of commercial driving experience (two years of commercial driving experience, preferred)
- Ability to provide 5 year driver abstract - no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and actively respond to customer requests.
- Ability to perform continuous physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, stacking, and moving product as part of a rigorous daily routine.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment, 35 – 45 degrees
- Valid Class B License
- Valid Medical Examiners Card (DOT Medical Card)
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test including marijuana
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.