Martin is the employer of choice for those looking for progressive growth with a stable future. Our company culture is "family-run business" within a multi-national corporation. Come join our team and see why others are choosing Martin to take their careers to the next level!
In this role you will enter data into an AS400 system for inventory control purposes, and assist internal and external customers with shipping and receiving orders.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Ft. Worth, TX branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working with customer and inter-branch orders.
- Ordering and scheduling freight trucks for shipments.
- Working with 3rd party Bill of Ladings and exporting documents.
- Processing invoices and entering data for inventory control.
- Pick various machined products from warehouse shelf and floor locations.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Not allowed to lift more than 50 lbs. without assistance
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Must have experience in transportation, including scheduling and freight bills.
- Experience with AS400 system preferred.
- Requires average math skills, and simple oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Previous experience operating a forklift and/or narrow aisle truck preferred.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Knowledge of basic warehouse functions is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to determine proper shelf location from routing ticket