As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Completes shipments by processing and loading orders. Responsible for moving, stocking, receiving, and packing outbound warehouse items. Assists in inventory level maintenance and inventory counts. Operates warehouse equipment as needed to complete tasks.
Shipping and receiving:
- Receive material check freight bill and purchase order against physical shipment for purchase orders, damage, etc.
- Locate and prepare material for shipping.
- Pick tool orders for shipment to job sites, restock tools in warehouse, and repair defective tools.
- Inspect shipments to ensure correct order fulfillment.
- Coordinate unloading with crafts and note field stores requisition.
- Ensure all items are warehoused (stored) according to fieldwork procedures and company standards.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- May be requested to make deliveries to job sites as needed.
- Exterior maintenance of building including shoveling snow, spraying weeds, cleaning up debris, etc.
- Move office equipment desks, cabinets, tables, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of experience in Building maintenance and material control
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving activities, craft jurisdiction (on union projects) for off-loading material required
- Forklift training preferred
- Strong customer service skills ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal
- Ability to successfully pass a DOT physical
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: