The Forklift Operatorpart of the position is responsible for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials form different areas throughout the Distribution Center or Reverse Logistic Center as needed. The operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the location.
The Warehouse Maintenance / Cleaningportion of the position is responsible for performing weekly maintenance checklists on applicable machinery, and making minor repairs as required. It also involves removing all trash and debris from the warehouse docks, the exterior of building, and insuring that the breakroom and offices are clean and orderly at all times. Responsibilities also include achieving expected housekeeping requirements while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
The Yard Truck Operatorpart of the position is responsible for moving loaded and unloaded trailers around the Reverse Logistic Center as needed. The operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of trailers to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
Forklift Operator Responsibilities:
• Loading and unloading materials from trailers.• Moving pallets or materials on pallets or in crates around the storage facility• Stacking pallets or materials in the correct manor, following inventory control instructions• Checking loads are secure• Performing daily equipment checks such as checking fluid levels, cleaning air filters, examining equipment for damage or leaks.• Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards• Responsible for maintaining Relogistics performance expectations• Must maintain a clean & safe environment working environment that meets Relogistics standards
Warehouse Maintenance / Cleaning Responsibilities:
• Performs weekly maintenance checklist of SMETCO Sort Machine• Completes all minor repairs of building and structure• Responsible for greasing of all mechanical equipment• Repairs of minor mechanical components• General hydraulic and electrical motor knowledge is a plus• Keep warehouse dock free of debris and trash at all times• Keep exterior of building free of debris and trash at all times• Ensure that housekeeping standards are being met in offices and break areas• Must be able to bail cardboard and plastic using bailing machine• Ability to use a backpack / gas-powered blower• Not limited to participating in various production-based operations in the warehouse• Accountable for being able to self-manage tasks that are required on a daily basis• Communicate the needs of cleaning supplies and materials needed to meet housekeeping standards to the Site Manager• Must maintain a clean & safe working environment that meets Relogistics standards
Yard Truck Driver Responsibilities:
• Operator a manual or automatic Semi or Yard Truck• Ability to maneuver 53’ long trailers into tight spaces without causing damage• Performing daily equipment checks such as checking fluid levels, cleaning air filters, examining equipment for damage or leaks• Checking loads to ensure they are secure• Must be able to utilize yard management computer system• When applicable, must stack pallets or materials in the correct manner, following inventory control instructions• When applicable, must examine products to verify conformance to quality standards
Forklift Operator Qualifications:
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment• Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records• Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to pass a background and drug screen• Forklift certification per OSHA standards• Understanding that overtime may be required and is considered mandatory• Ability to work in extreme conditions to include but not limited to; elements, heat, cold, and air particulate• Occasionally lift up to 50-75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time• Ability to work overtime and shifts up to 12 hours per day on a regular or irregular basis
Additional Warehouse Maintenance / Cleaning Qualifications:
• Prior experience working on industrial equipment to perform minor repairs and/or make decision to call in a professional• General hydraulic and electrical motor knowledge is a plus
Additional Yard Truck Driver Qualification:
• Prior experience driving a yard truck or semi is a plus, but is not required
Job CategoryForklift Driver
Job TypeRegular Full-Time
Job Pay RateUSD $13.00/Hr.
Job Minimum RangeUSD $13.00/Hr.
Job Maximum RangeUSD $13.00/Hr.