SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the control, coordination, assigning overall duties, policies and procedures within the Finished Goods Warehouse, ensuring the distribution of all manufactures and purchase foodservice & retail products.
- Serve as frontline leader for the warehouse employees.
- Ensure a safe environment for all employees in the Warehouse. (i.e. equipment safety checklist, etc.)
- Verify that GMS’s and Safety standards are maintained at all times, and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted.
- Assist in the control of all operational procedures (Including tray tracking).
- Evaluate performance of new hires at 30, 60 and 90 days, as well as inputs on annual performance evaluations for his/her crew.
- Maintains qualification to operate all assigned equipment of the Distribution Center (i.e. forklifts, and electric pallet jacks).
- Ensure proper rotation of all inventories of finished goods in the warehouse.
- Coordinate the timely disposition of all daily shipments to fulfill all customer orders.
- Ensure that all departmental procedures are being followed, maintaining product safety, and providing total customer satisfaction as it pertain to the warehouse.
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Consistently applies company rules per employee handbook and per company policies (i.e. attendance, safety, etc.) and ensures safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitors ADP schedules, timecards, and prepare all HR – related paperwork, including disciplinary actions, ESNs, Attendance Forms, etc.
- Prints shift orders, when required
- Ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold Standard.
- Assist Supervisor in the scheduling of maintenance and repairs of all material handling equipment for departmental use.
- Must work various shifts and hours, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College courses preferred
- Forklift Certification
- 2 years of experience in Warehouse/Logistics/Shipping required.
- Previous Leadership experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Teamwork skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Basic Computer Skills Required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize assigned work.
- Team leadership/development skills, including the ability to supervise people in an organization matrix and get the best out of them, successful in building and mentoring high performance teams preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with a proven record of follow-though, teamwork and accountability.
- Strong people skills with the ability to adapt to system changes as needed.
- Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time.
+$0.75 for 3rd shift differential