POSITION: SECURITY GUARD
REPORTS TO: Department Manager DEPARTMENT: Warehouse
FLSA: Non-exempt CLASSIFICATION: Permanent, Full-time position
5333 Imports, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of religious, spiritual, mystical and decorative products. We are located in Commerce, California. The Warehouse Lead is an integral part of the warehouse team. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, energetic, and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative to successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
The general schedule for this position is Monday – Friday or Wednesday to Sunday
Under the supervision of Management, Security is responsible for monitoring and insuring the security of the 5333 Imports Inc. storage facility, as well as, screening visitors, grounds surveillance and patrol, confirming and observing orders being removed and received, facilitating the entrance and exit of drivers coming in with loads.
- Understand and represent our company mission, vision, and values to all internal and external customers
- Perform interior and exterior patrols as directed by management
- Observe drivers coming in to leave containers and expedite their departure
- Alert management immediately about any policy violations, accidents, situations affecting employee safety or premises security, or other issues as may arise.
- Prepare written reports on policy violations, accidents, situations affecting employee safety or premises security, or other issues as may arise
- Inspect all fire safety devices such as exit signs, fire extinguishers, and other security alarm equipment on a weekly basis and report all instances of inoperable or defective equipment to supervisor or management
- Receiving deliveries, from start to finish which includes logging in of all containers, prior to docking, inspection of container documents for proper hand off to receiving supervisor or manager.
- All communications and interaction with clients and staff, will be conducted in a professional, confidential and accountable manner as a representative of our company
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Security
- Security Guard License would be a plus
- Must be at least 18-years of age
- The highest of confidentiality and professionalism is expected
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently without a great deal of supervision
- Good problem solving abilities
- Employment is contingent on passing Background Investigation and Drug Screen
- Must have open availability
- Applicants must submit a resume if interested.
PHYSICIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; the noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable Accommodations: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants/employees may request an accommodation by calling 323-493-4565.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans (*subject to a waiting period & other requirements)
- Paid Vacation (*subject to a waiting period & contingent on tenure)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- A fun work environment!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.