Are you looking for a satisfying career in which you can take pride in knowing that the quality of your work provides the building blocks for the success of the company?
Huttig is national distributor of building materials with a 135 year-old proud history of building America!We areseeking an experienced team member to work in our fast-paced lumber yard in our Hooksett, NHlocation. We offer competitive salary with annual pay reviews, affordable high-quality healthcare, company paid Holidays and vacation, 401(k) retirement savings plan and career advancement opportunities.
What are you waiting for? Join the Huttig Team and be a part of building the American Dream.
Receives and coordinates the distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information and records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records and compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse and to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments and maintains inventory records.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification- Must be forklift certified and Warehouse Management System, Warehouse Transfer, Work Order, Reports, Inquiries.
- Ability to read/write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Basic Mathematical Skills and ability to perform these operations using weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Huttig maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual candidates, veterans and women are encouraged to apply!