Ensure that all inventory is properly categorized and accounted for. Receive inventory as needed and ensure that the entire shipment is unloaded. Prepare and format orders using Excel and Access.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all warehouse personnel follow policies and procedures for inventory-handling.
- Direct warehouse personnel as necessary.
- Unload incoming inventory from trucks.
- Stock inventory into shelf locations.
- Pick inventory for shipment to customers or repair vendors.
- Perform inventory cycle counts.
- Research missing parts to find current locations.
- Operate fork lift equipment.
- All other duties as assigned
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have 1-3 years of related experience and/or training.
- Computer keypunch experience. Excel and database knowledge.
- Logistics and government property experience a plus.
- Previous experience in warehousing, handling inventory, and bar code equipment.
- Must have great organization, communications and time management skills.
- Must adhere to the safety policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, climb ladders and comply with OSHA standards
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Corpus Christi
Overtime Status: Non-exempt