Summary: Under the supervision of the Materials Manager the Warehouse & Receiving Manager is responsible for managing the planning, direction, and monitoring of all warehouse processes. The Warehouse & Receiving manager will ensure that all inbound parts and materials are inspected and properly received into the system. The Warehouse & Receiving Manager will also be responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts throughout the facility and partnering with on-site production schedulers and buyers to replenish parts and meet production targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper receiving and inspection of all inbound parts and materials.
- Develop inventory control processes designed to maintain accurate inventory counts on all parts and materials throughout the facility.
- Assist with creating and sustaining 5S standards throughout warehouse and inventory areas.
- Partner with on-site production managers, production schedulers, and buyers to plan for production needs while identifying and reporting any inventory shortages to avoid missing production targets.
- Manage and maintain all receiving paperwork and data.
- Supervise warehouse and receiving team to verify that all safety and quality standards are met.
- Drive continuous improvement through the use of JELD-WEN Excellence Model (JEM) tools and processes.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement.
- Assists in development, and implements safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety-related problems and assists in investigations into safety-related issues as needed and as directed.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of team and proactively manages performance daily.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager, Materials Manager, or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, Associates degree and relevant job experience required.
- APICS CSCP and/or CPIM preferred
- 5+ years receiving and/or warehouse experience to include managing a large, complex inventory.
- Experience with warehouse and inventory operations using SAP
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills, and the ability to drive process improvement techniques throughout the shipping process in a skillful and deliberate manner.
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training on CI methods and initiatives to subordinates.
- The ability to motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict, and possess a basic understanding of management principles and concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Basic understanding of JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement and overall corporate goals and objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other position applicable software applications.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.