Our Warehouse Manager is looking for an office assistant to help her with day to day tasks like Receiving, Preparing Shipments, dealing with Returns, etc. The main purpose of this job is to assist our warehouse manager in everything she needs to do. Most of the regular pick & pack is done by our warehouse associates, but they need somebody to give them the labels, give them instructions, etc. Also, there are items that require some thinking and problem solving before being shipped.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years experience in a office work and is Computer savvy. We have several warehouse associates that help wrapping products, labeling, packaging, receiving, organizing, cleaning, etc, but they need to be managed. The job requires attention to detail.
We are looking for somebody to stay with us for the long run. We offer the security of working for a well-established company, which is only looking to grow, not to sell or merge.
Chosen candidate must pass drug test and the Homeland Security's E-Verify for authorization to work in the U.S.
Besides assisting our warehouse manager, the office assistant will also be required to work on the following:
-Shipping: Prepare shipments for Amazon FBA and other Fulfillment Companies, Pick & Pack Products from inventory, Prepare boxes with labels and packing lists as necessary, Ship New Orders or Return Products back to suppliers, Prepare labels at UPS website, Prepare and ship batches of products to our fulfillment warehouses, Request Shipping materials, Register outgoing shipments. Any heavy lifting over 25 pounds is done by our warehouse associates, but we need somebody to prepare the labels, register shipments, etc.
- Receiving: Receive, measure, weigh and count incoming Shipments of New Products and Returns; Register all incoming shipments; Sort products according to our procedures.
- Cleaning: Occasionally clean the offices. Maintain clean work, break & bathroom areas.
- Inventory Reporting & Checking: Will need to regularly produce physical inventory reports and whenever needed spot check inventory of a certain product.
Our Company is a leading eCommerce Retailer and Wholesaler. We sell all kinds of products: Appliances, Electronics, Security Equipment, Office Equipment, Arts & Crafts products, Educational products, etc. We have over 100,000 products on our website and get about 200,000 visitors per month. We also sell on other venues such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart and Jet. We have been in business since 1990 and have over 40 employees in the whole Company but only a few work in our Dania Beach location.
- Good and clear spoken and written English and Spanish a must.
- Must live near Dania Beach and must have Reliable Transportation. We are 1 mile East of I-95 on Stirling Rd. Candidates living near our location will be given priority.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Excellent work ethic. Must be punctual, responsible, dependable and honest.
- Intelligent and Organized self-starter who can work independently with little direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, follow instructions, be a fast learner.
- High attention to detail. Must be able to count product accurately and must be able to read and recognize product variations.
- Working on shipments might involve lifting boxes of up to 25 pounds ocassionally.
- Shipping and packing experience.
- Ability to work on a deadline
- Ability to learn new things and retain information
- Good Desktop Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet. Also, warehouse staff will receive training to use Amazon, Netsuite, UPS and other software and internet transportation resources.
We offer a steady job with a lot of work but a great atmosphere. Full Time 40 hours/week, M-F, 9am-5pm. Hourly wage range: $13 to $15 depending on qualifications and experience. Paid Holidays after having worked 3 months. 1 week paid vacation/yr.