Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for all inbound distribution, materials, assembly and production for Covington Operations. This is a key developmental position that provides visibility and growth to progress into further leadership roles within operations.
This position is responsible for all inbound distribution, materials, assembly and production for Covington Operations. This is a key developmental position that provides visibility and growth to progress into further leadership roles within operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing warehouse operations including; unloading and verification of incoming products, loading and shipping of outgoing product to the Global Distribution Center, location and movement of all live unloads, dock to stock, release verifications, physical inventory.
- Leads all Covington Operations production, product kitting, and rework activities
- Ensure accurate inventory movements and transactions.
- Provides leadership for Covington warehouse and production; salary, weekly, and hourly, and temporary employee work force.
- Responsible for organizational performance metrics, such as turn times, scrap rate, downtime, non-conformances, inventory, and safety. Be active in CAPA process as related to areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for annual operations budget inputs, monthly cross-charges out and compliance to budget.
- Participating and leading operational strategic plans, including operational and cost improvement projects (CIPs), Lean and 5S initiatives.
- Actively participates on the safety and quality team(s)
- Responsible for overseeing product verification, loading and shipping of outgoing product to the Global Distribution Center, all receipt of incoming trailers, the location and movement of all live unloads, dock to stock, and verification of releases. Ensure accurate inventory movements and transactions.
- Ensure all employees adhere to all applicable cGMPs, ISO 11135, ISO 10993-7, FDA, corporate, division, and local procedures. Ensures employees are trained on all procedures.
- Works with other department managers and supervisors to ensure smooth flow of product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to create standardized processes and perform gap analyses
- Ability to create operational score cards and measure and monitor programs
- Ability to identify and drive operational cost improvement projects and efficiency improvements
- Strong soft leadership skills
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills are required
- Strong listening skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to create and execute talent management plans, coach & mentor
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Experience with WMS systems and Tier I ERP: JDE, SAP, MS
- Understanding applicable EPA and OSHA regulatory requirements
- Proficient with Lean Manufacturing principles and tools
- Proficient with ISO and/or FDA QSR/cGMP requirements
- Should be proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Power Point,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree required; technical degree preferred
- Quality certifications desired such as CQE, CSSBB, CQA
- At least 5-10 Years of overall combined warehouse and production management experience, preferably in an FDA regulated industry.
Must be an effective communicator both oral and written. Must be able to read and comprehend instructions in Basic English and write short correspondence / memos. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to staff, internal customers, upper management, and other employees within the organization.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as geometry, trigonometry, exponents, etc. Ability to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as facility design, process line location and layout.
Position requires good logic and reasoning ability. Ability to gather and analyze data, identify problems and find logical solutions. Ability to interpret specifications and technical instructions. Ability to use data to make sound decisions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lifts and/or moves up to ten pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
During the performance of this job, the employee may be in hot and humid locations, near moving mechanical parts, high places, risk of electrical shock, work with explosive gas, toxic and caustic chemicals, or experience loud noise (maintenance shop, forklift equipment, and construction).