The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing appointments, warehouse team and equipment for the installation crews to be able to perform their job effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate the time and schedules for the installation crews
- Manage the staging of job materials for the installation crews
- Assist processing of inventory, when needed
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; & reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Should possess an interest in environmental preservation and resource management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in solar and electrical field
- Excellent customer service & leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Work is performed in an outside warehouse environment, subjected to extreme weather conditions.
- Warehouse Environment including driving a forklift and lifting various materials
- Start and end times vary, depending on the project and time of year
- Over time may be required
- A variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day
- repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling
- regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- climbing ladders
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Vacation & Sick Time Off
- Generous 401k plan
- Compensation starting at $39-$43k (DOE)