The Arkansas Foodbank is the state’s largest non-governmental provider of emergency food aid. We assist people in 33 counties across central and southern Arkansas. In 2018, the Arkansas Foodbank distributed 27.2 million pounds of food. The Arkansas Foodbank operates as a distribution hub for over 450 partner agencies in 33 counties in central and south Arkansas. These agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, youth programs, senior centers, schools and emergency shelters. Foodbank member agencies service approximately 62,119 meals a day—touching the lives of 280,000 individuals every year.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager who under the direction of the Operations Director, plans, organizes, and monitors the safe receipt, storage, and retrieval of goods. Ensures workplace health and safety requirements are met. They ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerized storage and retrieval systems. They manage personnel issues such as the recruitment, training, and discipline of staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
The Warehouse Manager will report to the Operations Director and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and monitor appropriate activities within the warehouse in accordance with regulations, applicable laws, and AF policies and procedures.
- Perform and oversee warehouse inventory control of incoming and outgoing products. Ensure that monthly inventory and cycle counts are conducted and recorded.
- Maintains warehouse in a manner that ensures compliance with external regulatory bodies, including, but not limited to OSHA regulations, and guarantees integrity and accountability of inventory.
- Supervise warehouse operations staff and ensures their certification and training relative to their duties and assignments. Assist with implementation and oversee a warehouse safety program and conduct regular monthly meetings.
- Supervise warehouse operations staff and ensures their certification and training relative to their duties and assignments.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all warehouse equipment including refrigeration and dry storage equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, racks, etc. Develop standard operating procedures and ensure proper training of warehouse staff.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, organization, and operation of the warehouse and assigned areas.
- Direct the loading and unloading of trucks and the proper recording of load conditions, weight, case counts, and descriptions.
- Ensure security of building and inventory.
- Assure maintenance of warehouse equipment and machinery of the Foodbank.
- Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, events, and otherwise as directed.
- Interview, select, coach, train, and manage the performance of supervisory personnel.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with AF staff.
- Problems solve, negotiate, and address staff challenges.
- Comply with the requirements as set forth by local, state, and national regulatory agencies.
- Comply with the standards set forth by Feeding America.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management.
- 3 years of warehouse supervisory experience involving multi-temperature environment.
- Experience with regulatory agencies in the areas of food safety, sanitation, OSHA, etc.
- 3 years forklift experience. Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
Must have expert knowledge of the storage and shipment of food, or similar products and material handling.
- Knowledge of computer based inventory control systems, warehouse management systems, project management concepts/techniques, relevant safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format with other departments and agency representatives.
- Ability to learn and utilize warehouse management software for all essential warehouse processes.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and/or move 60 pounds.
- Current, valid Arkansas driver’s license and proof of insurance.