MSI Express is currently seeking Warehouse Manager/Manufacturing
We are a manufacturing company of food and pet food with 12 locations, mainly in the Midwest. Our company culture is that of Respect for all our associates, as well as a firm believe in developing them to prepare them for their future and the future of our company's expansion plans.
This role manages activities of the warehouse and material handling personnel in a manufacturing facility. Manages the Receiving Clerks, Data Entry Personnel, and Warehouse Supervisors in the duties of receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of materials / distribution of product. Ensures associates comply with company policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure safe, efficient operations and maintain positive working environment.
-Provides daily work direction to Warehouse staff, hourly warehouse and material handling associates to ensure proper receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of raw materials and distribution of completed product. Assigns and trains associates on specific duties, such as loading/unloading trucks, verifying cargo, and preparing shipments.
- Plans, manages, and adjusts daily workload and staffing to minimize unplanned overtime.
- Administers operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of shipments, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Communicates with Production, dispatching, carriers, drivers, and related personnel to ensure flow of material/finished product in and out of the facility.
- Ensures continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for customers.
- Ensures raw materials are available for production based on production schedules. Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
- Training & Development: understand and coach others on processes, tools and standards (SOP's); ensure training requirements are met; identify and address skill gaps; discuss career interests.
- This position has responsibility for Food Safety and Quality within their influence. The associate in this job has the responsibility to report, in a timely manner, Food Safety and Quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action on those problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Production:Coordinate activities to ensure materials are available as needed and finished product is shipped per customer requirements.
Food Safety and Quality Systems:Ensures compliance with corporate, customer, and regulatory requirements; implements food safety quality control systems and processes to meet specifications.
Safety:Ensure safety compliance in the plant through establishing expectations and training.
Maintenance:Work collaboratively with maintenance department to reduce equipment downtime.
Human Resources:Maintaining a positive work environment, recruiting, training & development, performance management.
MSI Express offers a team oriented environment that is focused onSafety, Quality and Process Improvement.
MSI Express offers advancement opportunities, affordable benefits and 401 (k) participation.
MSI Express participates in E-Verify.