About AM Distributors Inc:
AM Distributors is a leading wholesale distributor for heating, and cooling supplies and equipment. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time Warehouse Manager to join our team If you are looking for a challenging work environment, and want to know your contributions make a difference, apply to join our winning team.
Under direction of the Warehouse Manager, the warehouse lead ensures operational performance goals are met by overseeing daily warehouse tasks, as well as non-counter order fulfillment. This position also includes oversight of day-to-day responsibility for branch inventory control, product delivery, security, and related communications.
We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager with 5 or more years of documented success managing a dynamic, fast paced warehouse operation, supporting a highly motivated environment. This leader must have a hands-on approach and be a Contributing Team Member. They must always have a Customer Centric attitude - both for internal and external customers. They need to lead and coach individuals to Continually Self Improve and maximize their strengths. They will need to hold themselves and the Warehouse team accountable to Taking Ownership for processes and accuracy in operations. And they will need to promote a good Work Life Balance among the team. Recognizing that sometimes, the needs of the business do require Saturdays and After Hours. This position encompasses, but is not limited to, all facets of receiving, shipping, warehousing and logistics. This includes operation, facility and safety management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and exercise operational responsibility for the entire warehouse across all departments (shipping, receiving, inventory, stocking and order fulfillment)
- Ensures that all received merchandise is properly accounted for, inspected for damage, and stacked on the shelf; monitoring daily reports; working with supervisors to take necessary corrective action; and organizing facilities to maximize efficiency and material flow.
- Supervises warehouse personnel responsible for activities such as inventory control, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, replenishment, and returns.
- Meets all requirements for confidentially of company and customer information
- Ensures management is up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding warehouse operations by continually providing information and status reports.
- Works in conjunction with the management to establish standard policies, procedures, and processes to meet performance standards in areas such as order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, returns, product line warehousing locations, transportation utilization.
- Works in conjunction with management to ensures a capable and efficient staff by participating in the hiring process to obtain the most qualified people, providing training to ensure a high level of competence, coaching and providing feedback to correct or reinforce performance, and making necessary personnel changes
- Communicates effectively and courteously with all contacts, internal and external. Maintains and promotes high standards of customer service.
- Make recommendations to senior management on programs or processes to improve operations and then implement approved ideas.
- Oversees cycle counting by ensuring that processes and procedures are followed, and ongoing inventory counts are maintained consistently and accurately.
- Maintains shipping and receiving schedules and adjusts schedules when needed.
- Consistently maintains a high standard of housekeeping and sanitation levels. This supports safety, accuracy and efficiency; monitors staff in maintenance of the building and all equipment.
- Works closely with Purchasing to ensure optimum operational efficiency.
- Highly organized person who can monitor several projects at once and who can prioritize their workload and the workloads of the warehouse personnel.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment and development of staff.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts and issues.
- Proven track record of safety.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal).
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Knowledge of HVAC parts is not required, but preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills, experience with Excel is preferred.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!