The Warehouse Manager will manage the Distribution Center inventory and inventory space requirements, will assure prompt and accurate order fulfillment and own the efficient and precise outbound shipping activities of Eberjey’s omni-channel distribution. The W/M will report to the Director of Operations and Logistics and be responsible for executing the daily, weekly and monthly shipping plans of e-comm, Retail and Wholesale by coaching the warehouse team to exceed customer experience expectations.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Maintains overall responsibility for the Warehouse inventory and shipping activities
- Works with Director of Logistics and Operations to establish measurable efficiency and productivity goals for the department within the overall operation
- Provide leadership, supervision, and manage department resources to meet company’s sales and productivity goals
- Assigns and coordinates staff and scheduling to ensure workload is handled efficiently and meets deadlines
- Responsible for performance reviews, Job Description updates, training and development of Warehouse Supervisor, Shipping Supervisor, Inventory Coordinator and hourly staff
- Attends weekly TBs with Director of L&O, DC Team and e-COMM, and reports periodic department activity at weekly Production Meetings
- Promotes goodwill with staff and management team and positive image of Eberjey
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for Warehouse operations
- Develops reporting process for key performance goals
- Manages the Inventory of the facility
- Space planning and organization according to future growth trends
- Schedules regular cycle counts to ensure accurate unit counts of Finished Goods
- Organizes Floor Map of Finished Goods Inventory according to collection/style/color/size and SKU velocity for most efficient picking
- Organizes Floor Map of Raw Material/Piece Goods Inventory according to article/color/size and SKU
- Follows DC Supplies Inventory SOP to maintain inventory levels, re-order points and minimum order quantities for warehouse consumables including: office, kitchen, first-aid, shipping, packaging, re-work supplies, etc.
- Ensures that Warehouse materials are rotated, stored and recycled properly
- Conducts annual physical inventory
CUSTOMER ORDER FULFILLMENT & OUTBOUND SHIPPING
- Ensures customer orders are shipped accurately and on time and in accordance with delivery and allocation priorities established by Eberjey’s Customer Service team
- Ensures shipping and packing compliance with Routing Guidelines of all Majors customers
- Establishes Packaging guidelines for outbound shipments
- Adjusts inventory discrepancies daily to promptly fulfill orders and avoid order cancellations due to inaccurate item counts or availability
- Tracks and resolves problems involving damaged/missing goods and incorrect orders.
- Plans, assigns, prioritizes, and evaluates policies, procedures, and standards for all aspects of the shipping department
- Exceeds customer order delivery expectations with advanced deliveries, package integrity, pleasant product presentation, accurate shipping of orders both domestically and for export
SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
The W/M must have the ability to multitask and prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment. Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills. Sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure. Ability to lead staff, institutionalize processes and establish work discipline. Must be highly self-accountable and have the ability to work independently and in team environment.
- B.A. in Management, B.S. in Engineering
- 5+ years of warehouse/inventory experience preferably in consumer goods company with omni-channel distribution
- Demonstrated ability to work with MS Office and ERP systems preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, lift trucks or other moving warehouse equipment
- Standing ninety percent of the day.
- Ability to walk, stoop, stand, bend, reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Employee may be exposed to loud or distracting sounds or noise levels
- Need to perform tasks in dusty conditions
- Will require the use of sharp tools or instruments such as carton/packing knives