McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Warehouse Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Distribution/Warehousing Department and helps provide 24-hour coverage. Provide general supervision of all warehouse operations managers and functional processes within the department. Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing function by offering the highest levels of logistics support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Direct and motivate Teammates.
* Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions through the company safety department.
* Be responsible for compliance and knowledge with OSHA regulations and other safety standards. Maintain facility in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
* Ensure that warehousing procedures offer the cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability.
* Manage and benchmark warehouse aspects of profit and loss statement.
* Oversee all department re-bids.
* Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Warehouse Teammates and Management Staff. Current week and following week schedules should always be posted with a working copy available by request for the next week.
* Facilitate communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
* Conduct scheduled performance reviews for all Management staff. Submit recommendations for salary adjustments.
* Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
* Enforce general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates. All final written warnings and termination will be presented and administered by this position with the approval of the General Manager and/or the Human Resources Manager.
* Assign accountability within staff to rack and trend key performance indicators.
* Interpret the Teammate Handbook.
* Establish and provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain level of managerial professionalism at all times.
* Assist Transportation Manager with resolution of issues between warehousing and distribution.
* Provide additional assistance with projects and other activities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
* Have 5-7 years of experience in all facets of outbound and inbound warehousing, preferably in the food service industry.
* Understand mainframe computer software relating to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
* Have experience managing a large number of warehouse staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee relation's issues.
* Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
* Have a minimum of 4 years of accounting, planning, analytical and/or reporting experience, in positions with increasing responsibility is preferred.
* Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
* Be able to understand financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
* Have strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
* Have knowledge of distribution systems.
* Have understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
* Must be able to continuously walk, stand and climb over the period of their shift.
* Be able to successfully pass drug screen and criminal background check.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
M c LANE BENEFITS
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.