The Warehouse Manager performs the necessary duties to insure the successful operation of the warehouse. This person is responsible for the overall management and administration of the warehouse which includes all warehouse and asset management personnel, all asset storage product, pre-sold product, administration area, loading dock, equipment storage, and staging areas. Skills needed for this position include: organization, supervision, training, procedure writing, quality control, spreadsheet, word processing, and warehousing. Good oral and written communication skills and excellent organizational and warehousing skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Determine material and equipment needs; coordinate, maintain, and return equipment to storage.
• Schedule meeting with team members to discuss daily work schedules.
• Responsible for overall management and administration of warehouse.
• Responsible for overall management of asset storage business.
• Responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Problem resolution.
• Training, development, evaluation, discipline and safety of all personnel.
• Evaluating opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Setting and measuring goals and objectives.
• Snap Tracker administration.
• Inventory Control.
• Warehouse care and maintenance.
• Facility care and maintenance.
• Provide daily job status to Vice President, Operations.
• Maintain professional and courteous attitude at all times.
• Maintain company procedures, policies, dress code, and safety procedures with crew at all times.
• Ensure orders are pulled and properly loaded.
• Ensure all product is properly received.
• Maintain courteous and responsive repoire with vendors.
• Plan and communicate daily work assignments to team.
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Operations.
• Assist other departments as requested.
Supervisors, Warehouse Associates, Asset Management, Shop Techs and Used Furniture team members.
• Previous Warehouse Management experience.
• Heavy lifting (80 pounds), moving, unloading, etc... as required of an installer.
• Bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, crouching, crawling.
• This is a position that may be required to work overtime nights, weekends and holidays.
• On time attendance to work and all meetings.
• Responsible for 1/2 of the purchase price of safety shoes. Valid North Carolina (or other state issued) driver's license required.
• Must be Trained and certified in First Aid or be willing to be trained