Are you our next Regional DC leader?
As a Regional DC Manager for Capital Electric, you will be responsible for managing the overall logistical operation of the RDC HUB including departments; receiving, shipping delivery and product storage/inventory to ensure the daily flow of material in and out of the warehouse is completed with accuracy and efficiency. You will need to be a “working” manager and be willing to spend a lot of time involved in the various warehouse operations.
- Coach and train individual supervisors that oversee the various departments of the HUB
- Supervise the various functions of the HUB with the assistance of the individual supervisors responsible for each function
- Communicate with all warehouse personnel, both supervisors and warehouse employees
- Building and property maintenance
- Negotiate truck leases and monitor repair costs
- Recruit and hire for various positions
- Communicate with customers and sales force to address service issues
- Specify and order in-house warehouse supplies
- Multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day
- Other duties as required
- 7+ years of experience in a distribution center environment
- 3-5+ years of personnel management experience
- Good and dependable mathematic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have strong PC skills and comfortable using MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree desired
About Capital Electric
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD. Capital Electric is Sonepar USA company.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.