WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS TEAM LEAD OPPORTUNITY!
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, re-modeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Northern Delaware, North and Eastern Maryland, and Central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. This knowledge sets us apart and enables us to provide consistent, unsurpassed customer service. With relationships being the backbone of Universal Supply, we are excited to partner with our customers and focus on their success.
We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our warehouse associates make to our daily business operations. To continue the commitment in servicing our customers, we are currently seeking Warehouse Operations Lead to join our Trenton, NJ team.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer...internal and external.
Things about the Warehouse Operations Team Lead role:
- Support the Operations/Warehouse manager with incoming vendor deliveries and shipping of building materials to job sites.
- Operate forklifts, RF scanners, etc.
- Take initiative, recognize and help coordinate warehouse/yard tasks.
- Assist in directing and training warehouse associates.
- Sustain a clean and safe warehouse/yard environment.
- Maintain and complete accurate inventory counts and shipping/receiving docs.
- Provide top notch customer service contractors, re-modelers and home owners.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Warehouse Operations incentive program
- Monday � Friday schedules with occasional Saturday morning hours
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Two years in a warehouse operations team leadership role
- Previous building materials knowledge is highly desirable
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 75 lbs. regularly and 100 lbs. on occasion
- Work in all types of weather
- Commitment to working to our safety standards
- Pass background and drug testing
- Commitment to safe working habits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview based upon experience will be contacted.
It is Universal Supply Company�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity and preference, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.