About the Role
We are looking for bright and kind individuals who are motivated by challenge and energized by growing, developing and inspiring people; are passionate about delivering quality to our Clients and are operationally-savvy. Operations Managers lead a team of 2-7 Supervisors and 30-250 hourly associates to achieve our goals and have fun doing it. In this role, you will own strategic planning and drive execution of department and building-wide initiatives to support our company goals.
We are looking for Managers in one of four functional areas:
- Outbound: As our largest team, they manage every aspect of the Client-bound shipping process including picking, hand folding, and shipping. As the last step in our fulfillment process, your team ensures we are delighting our customers with every “Fix” through the love and attention they give every detail inside and outside of the box.
- Receiving: Welcomes new inventory from our vendor partners. They receive, tag, categorize, and bin 100% of our new inventory. Your team also partners extensively with our merchandising department on things like billing to inventory counts. Your team is responsible for getting new clothes into active inventory so our Stylists can help our Clients find what they love.
- Returns: Our Clients keep only what they love so this team completes our Client checkout experience for the items kept and processes any returns so they can be styled for another fix. Your team is responsible to ensure all returned items are of highest quality before being placed back into inventory to delight another Client.
- Support: The Support team works hard behind the scenes to enable a successful operation overall. Your team will do everything from solve fulfillment issues, repair and restore inventory, and keep the equipment running smoothly. This team is also responsible for inventory control, processing timely Client exchanges, and running our onsite employee store.
Regardless of the Department, you will be an integral part of creating and nurturing our Stitch Fix culture -- promoting and living our values of Partnership, Integrity, Responsibility and Innovation every day. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, and safe place to work for everyone.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Run an effective operation with support from cross-functional partners while spending the majority of your time focusing on people management.
- Inspire, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to generate our culture while achieving their goals
- Connect your team to our vision and bring focus & intention to delivering on projects and priorities on a departmental, building-wide, and network-level scale.
- Demonstrate agile leadership by leading through periods of ambiguity and fostering the same mindset within your team.
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of bright and kind employees who are motivated by challenge and empower others to do the same as we continue to create our Stitch Fix team.
- Manage the labor planning needs for your team to meet weekly goals through accurate planning for current and future hiring needs.
- Develop great partnerships as you regularly seek, share and incorporate high-quality feedback to increase impact and drive development for you and your team.
- Model and champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learnings with others, and work through challenges and obstacles.
- Review daily performance data and analyze for trends and opportunities. Make informed decisions and respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing and process changes.
We’re excited about you because...
- You are Bright, Kind, and Motivated by Challenge and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, Authenticity and Responsibility
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement
- You are an exceptional people manager with 3 years leading other people managers of large teams (30-250). Overall, you have 7 years of people leadership experience
- You value doing what’s right, not what’s easy
- You enjoy thinking holistically and find ways to impact the broader organization
- You thrive in an environment where autonomy and responsibility are granted and are committed to providing the same for the teams you manage.
- You believe in the balance of art and science of our business -- a combination of beauty, wisdom, and data analytics that are better together
- You are energetic and ready to be on-the-go -- leading your team from the floor for 8 or more hours per day
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide) and love learning new systems
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- You’ll be an integral part of an organization that is on the cutting edge of changing the way people find what they love
- You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are redefining what it means to work in a warehouse -- and you’ll contribute to this!
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things, and having fun while we work
- We are a group of kind and bright people who are motivated by challenge and who truly believe in our business model
- We offer competitive salaries and Total Rewards packages
- We have free beverages and snacks every day and have a Party Crew onsite!
- You’ll be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to commencing employment.