Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and peopleworking together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit www.knoll.com.
This is athird shift position
Knoll’s East Greenville team is seeking our next Warehouse Operator! The new operator will be a champion of maximizing the efficiency of our process and ensuring the accuracy of warehouse deliveries, packing and shipments. The ideal candidate is a dependable, detail-oriented individual that exemplifies a strong interest in warehouse operations, logistics or management.
Day-to-day, the Warehouse Operator will be responsible for:
- Overseeing warehouse materials by carrying out all product loading and unloading tasks.
- Manages the loading, labeling, weighing and packing for domestic and overseas transportation.
- Receiving materials and assists in making decisions regarding storage locations, sorting and consolidating.
- Accurately scans, weighs and documents material in accordance with procedures.
- Utilizes the operation of equipment/machinery, such as forklifts, stretch wrapping machines, scanners and radio frequency equipment.
- Works closely with supervisors to advise on damaged items, repairs, overflow stock or discrepancies.
- Closely documents warehouse inventory and activities, including machine operational status, forklift inspection forms, quality and safety reports.
- Maintains daily production schedule and makes recommendations for changes to optimize service goals.
- Embraces learning opportunities, such as operating swing reach truck (under guided conditions) or operating new machinery.
- Encourages an orderly, safe work space among team members and performs daily housekeeping tasks.
- Upholds all Knoll safety and OSHA standards, including wearing personal protective equipment.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to read and interpret paperwork associated with all job assignments.
- Ability to work on one’s feet and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Attention to detail for identifying discrepancies and safety concerns.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Forklift – Class I Certification
- Stand-up Reach Truck experience a plus
WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT - REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to perform diversified manual work of a repetitive, fast-paced nature.
- Ability to handle/adjust products, perform heavy lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Comfortable working in closed, confined spaced if required.
- The ability to work in a high humidity environment.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.