Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
CP Fresh is a subsidiary of Charlie’s Produce that opened in 2016 and is a food processing facility located in South Park. We expanded a new kitchen line of specialty items like ready to eat fruits and vegetables, sandwiches, and dips, and many more.
5a - 1230p OR 1230p - 8p/ 8 hour shifts/ 1 weekend day to work
Rate of Pay$15.50/hr
Responsible for case packing produce, salads, and sandwiches in appropriate sized boxes. Must be able to correctly label the case and accurately palletize product to correct division using daily pick report. Correctly label incoming raw materials and rotate into stock. Decant produce out of cardboard into clean production containers while documenting lot codes. Clean warehouse floors, dump compost/garbage, and load and unload trailers.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Prepare goods for shipment
- Pack goods following specific set of instructions
- Clean and prepare containers for packing
- Fill out forms and papers to record measurement, weight, and product count
- Keep track of inventory
- Other duties assigned
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment, 35 – 45 degrees continuous throughout the day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule and holidays
- 1 year of warehouse/order picking
- 1 year of forklift experience a plus
- Basic Math skills and computer knowledge
- Must be able to take direction, read, and write in English
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.