Warehouse Quality Control Inspector
Coach Glass is looking for a Warehouse Quality Control Inspector. You will be the first Warehouse Quality Control Inspector to join our company, and as a result, you will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our success of servicing our customers.
Who we are:
We are the leading original equipment and after-market specialty glass supplier in providing quick shipping, vast selection of windshields and technical expertise. We are a national company with four warehouses throughout the U.S. Our inventory includes windshields for conversion busses, motor coaches, fire apparatus, specialty vehicles, transit and school busses.
What you'll do:
As the Warehouse Quality Control Inspector, you will oversee the quality control of all incoming and outgoing products. You will be instrumental in inspecting, measuring, documenting and communicating all relevant data used to improve the quality of our products and services. You will read scans, drawings and understand the tolerance expectations for the products as required. Based on your observations, you will recommend adjustments or enhancements. This position involves working physically, unpacking, repackaging and lifting glass ranging from small side glass pieces to large one piece windshields, using equipment to lift the largest pieces.
- analytical, detail oriented, self-starter and have basic mathematical skills
- able to work independently with minimal direction
- a good communicator in both verbal and written form
- organized and always looking for ways to improve processes
- a team player who enjoys collaborating with other teams
- pride yourself in providing top notch customer service
- capable of handling the physical nature of sizeable windshields
- Demonstrated experience in quality control and warehousing
- Previous fork lift experience
- Ability to read, understand and use mathematical concepts and blueprints
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word
- Current driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques.
- Pass pre-employment drug test and background check.
What you'll get:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vacation, sick time, and holiday pay, volunteer time off
- 401(K) profit sharing plan, plus employer match
- Constant considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Exposed to moderate levels of heat, cold moisture and wetness from working in the warehouse.
- The warehouse environment can be dusty and noisy.
- Doors are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes.
- Ability to lift 50-80 pounds.