Location: Food Production Plant & Warehouse, 9203 F St., South, Omaha, NE 68127
Unique Career Opportunity!
- You will work in an exceptionally clean facility with easy and safe-to-use high tech machinery. We are extremely proud that all three of our production plants have received the prestigious Star Safety Award through the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program. This award is highly regarded and sets us apart in the Omaha Area.
- You will normally have weekends free.
- You will get advanced training that will help you learn a skilled trade and develop into an expert to help you succeed in this position and prepare you for future growth opportunities at Omaha Steaks.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an experienced team. You will work side-by-side with many employees who have been here for 10 years or much longer!
Great Place to Work!
Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We're proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you're energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
It's all in the family. Literally. We're a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they're not peering down from boardroom windows - the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You'll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
Essential job duties:
- Responsible for accurately receiving all perishable products from the plants outside vendors and outside storage. Ensures proper count and product specs and notifies appropriate personnel of unusual situations.
- Counts and verifies weekly physical inventory. Monitors IOH report and rectifies discrepancies with Supervisor.
- Responsible for accurately receiving all dry ice, ensuring proper weight and product specs. Records information on receiving sheets and delivers to supervisor. Transfers dry ice to storage room in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties. Responsible for accurately rotating stock and maintaining the integrity of the product by ensuring it is in the proper temp environment. Helps clean and level pallets for inventory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- 6 months - Receiving and inventory experience is desirable.
- Must be able to follow and understand directions accurately
- Strong attention to detail.
- Full time, 3rd shift, Sunday through Thursday, 11:00pm-7:30am. Hours are based on business needs.
Special Note: Military Veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.