World Vision is now hiring aWarehouse Site Manager
01The JobWe are looking for aWarehouse Site Manager who will direct and manage the World Vision Fife warehouse/distribution facilities, as well as, the receipt, storage, and distribution of gift-in-kind (GIK) products through World Vision's global supply chain from donor to child in need, both domestically and internationally. The Site Manager will engage with local community, donor groups, and media to represent World Vision with the purpose of increasing awareness of World Vision's programs, growing volunteer and kit building programs, and providing facility tours for corporate and church groups visiting the site. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Manage a warehouse/distribution center equipped for the proper receipt, storage, and distribution of Gift-In- Kind products to ministry partners.
- Ensure efficient and effective work processes throughout the facility, utilizing Lean principles for process improvement as needed to reduce waste and expense.
- Manage the inventory control system ensuring the proper tracking of Gift-In-Kind inventory throughout the center and timely distribution to World Vision's ministry partners.
- Recruit and manage the local volunteer program and the college internship program in compliance with World Vision U.S.' policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with local and headquarter based staff focused on Corporate and Church relationships and donor development ensuring that the site supports World Vision's emphasis on partnering with individual donors, community groups, corporate teams and churches in our ministry.
- Maintain a safety program for all paid staff and volunteers, ensuring that all required safety measures are in place and that staff and volunteers adhere to these guidelines.
- Develop and manage the warehouse/distribution center's budget, policies and procedures.
- Represent World Vision's distribution center to local news media as required.
- Hire, fire, train, counsel evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (eight years).
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 5 or more years leadership work experience in a warehouse/distribution center environment.
- A minimum of one year of previous supervisory work experience required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in diverse communities.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and practices strongly preferred.
- Experience driving a forklift.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Has a relatively clean driving record.
- Must be able to do up to 30% travel (this would include during COVID).
03What Success Looks Like
- Has developed strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Comfortable speaking to the media as a representative of World Vision.
- Able to interact with World Vision staff of various levels of the organization.
- Can provide support to other team members when needed.
- Transforming the lives of the poor, our donors and your own.
04Salary Range & BenefitsYour salary is important to you so it’s important to us. If you need the approximate range to inform your decision on whether to apply or not contact Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.Click hereto learn more.
05To ApplySee the Apply box in the lower left corner. Still not sure? I really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about the job or have a chat in confidence.Contact Faith in Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. You can also connect with me on LinkedInhere.
06What Happens Next?Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
07About World Vision USAWhen you work at World Vision, yourpassions and talents come together to meet the greatest needsin the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled.Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child, we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.