Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible, either directly or through delegation, for inventory management, warehouse system maintenance, data reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, year-to-date), and supervision of the work activities of all employees in the warehouse and related areas. The Warehouse Supervisor assigns work and schedules work hours to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the effective use of labor hours while ensuring that efforts and results comply with specifications, schedules and procedures.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
- Delegates, trains and manages the work activities of Warehouse staff. Provides performance feedback, periodic reviews and as-needed performance improvement plans. Collaborates with the various site leaders in the recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, pay, counseling and discipline of warehouse staff.
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability to ensure each employee performs their job following manufacturing, equipment and safety procedures and requirements to consistently produce good results.
- Fosters a continuous improvement performance culture. Develops goals, communicates performance standards and trains, mentors, motivates and counsels to optimize performance and personal growth, and to build leadership capability.
- Partners with, participates in, and/or leads external and internal customers, suppliers and interdisciplinary teams by providing technical assistance in areas of expertise, as needed; aiding and facilitating in other areas on Baptista's effort and attainment of advancements in diversification, competitive edge, and process and project improvement, and in building a value-based performance and relationship culture.
- Partners with other departments to identify needs and to optimize receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, or shipping of product.
- Supervises all direct customer and warehouse shipments and coordinate outside warehouse shipments with outside warehouse to ensure all work is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigates and partners with Director of Logistics to resolve customer shortage claims and come to resolution for freight claims.
- Ensures product is free of damage and properly counted and conduct cycle counts and physical inventories. Ensures product, its transportation and its storage, meets Food Safety and Security requirements. Active member of Food Safety Team.
- Maintains the efficacy of the bar coding system through training, audits and other programming means.
- Maintains product locator system. Audits and corrects discrepancies and notifies appropriate areas as issues occur.
- Ensures optimum utilization of space. Rotates product as appropriate.
- Promotes safety and conducts operations in accordance with Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, American Institute of Baking (AIB), cleanliness, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards. Maintains security of the warehouse.
- Completes daily shift reports and all records and reports in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that all transactions and labor hours are reported accurately. Maintains records and verify accuracy of inbound/outbound paperwork.
- Documents personnel and performance and track performance to standards, investigates and takes action to correct unfavorable variances and implements improvements to enhance performance and achieve or exceed standards.
- Partners with Quality Assurance to coordinate and supervise procedures regarding receipt of raw ingredients and packaging supplies and ensure that product is put on/off hold or in dedicated staging areas.
- Resolves technical issues. Reports unsolved problems to Logistics 3 Manager.
- Schedules daily shift hand-off meetings to ensure operational continuity shift-to-shift.
- Conducts regular work team meetings for all shifts. Provides performance feedback through daily interaction, periodic performance reviews, and as-needed performance improvement plans. Relays information and/or solicits response to work-related problems. Attends management meetings.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with internal and external customers, co-workers and vendors.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
- Demonstrates leadership, organization, time management, and delegation skills. Experience in focusing attention on and attaining continuous improvement.
- Proficient in high volume shipping and experienced with schedule planning in a shipping/warehouse environment.
- Warehouse/inventory management system, bar coding experience and computer proficient (MS Office) required. Proficient user of Company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for data entry and retrieval.
- Timely and efficient commitment to completing tasks, strong work ethic. Ability to work nights, weekends or holidays when necessary.
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret, communicate and complete instructions, production and warehouse related documents; to train other employees, and to communicate with management. Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and vendors, and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percent, and volume. Ability to apply algebra concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient operating material handling equipment. Capable Yard-Dog operator; couples/uncouples trailers and moves trailers in/out of docks and around the yard.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High school diploma or GED required; a Bachelor's Degree in a related food preparation field is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of warehouse experience; a minimum of 3 years as a supervisor, preferably in a food warehouse or distribution center is required.
- Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)
- Forklift and powerlift training certification preferred.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and using the phone.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
- Office Environment; noise level is usually moderate.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
- Minimal travel may be required
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.