JOB SUMMARY(Briefly state why this position exists)
Supervise warehouse personnel to ensure an efficient, accurate and orderly completion of the daily picking and loading of routes while maintaining a neat, orderly and sanitary warehouse environment.
- Assign daily work load to warehouse personnel. Mapping of the daily routes to ensure proper legal weight limits. Supervise the picking and loading of routes insuring the accuracy of those orders.
- Ensure that all trailers are set to proper temperatures.
- Ensure building and trailers are secured at the end of the shift.
- Train and supervise employees in the preferred work methods.
- Perform a minimum of one ten minute safety meeting per week to include no less than ten coach cards.
- Assist the warehouse manager in the writing of employee performance reviews.
- Continually inform warehouse manager of potential problems and changes.
- Responsible for add-ons or deletions for daily routes.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product, especially highly perishable goods.
- Acts as back up to the warehouse manager.
- Maintain warehouse operation in accordance with company compliance standards.
- Maintain a level of warehouse cleanliness that will result in a score from AIB & ASI no less than superior.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Assist warehouse personnel in their daily duties.
- Work with other department supervisors to ensure the completion of one PWM observation per employee per quarter.
- Monitor and maintain Gagnon productivity tracking system.
- Complete daily sanitation schedule.
- Compile daily productivity and reliability statistics.
- This is an exempt level position; hours of work will vary and are not limited to 40 hours per week.
- Shift assignments may change due to business needs: the days or shift you are assigned to work may change with advanced notice.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED plus 2 - 4 years warehouse work including forklift and pallet jack experience.
Work is medium to heavy in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks. Occasional lifting of 50 - 75 lbs. is required. You must be able to communicate clearly with shippers and employees.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold while supervising in the freezer. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
PC, Microsoft Office programs, CRT, forklift and pallet jack
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION