Northlake, IL, US, 60164
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Warehouse Supervisor (2nd Shift)
- Shipping & Receiving
- Warehouse Manager
General Description: Supervises personnel and organizes activities to ensure effective and efficient processing, and issuance of materials throughout the manufacturing facility Provides supervision to hourly employees and/or non-exempt employees.
- Responsible for the efficient movement of materials between production, outside warehouses, and customers in order to reduce downtime in production and minimize customer errors/complaints.
- Also responsible for scheduling work load to handle all shipping, receiving and production support functions. Hiring, coaching and disciplining employees.
Primary Responsibilities of the position consist of but are not limited to:
- Maintains proper operational adherence to the company SOP’s, attendance policies and safety program
- Oversees training of all new hires in GMP and Forklift Training.
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order.
- Ensures daily KPI’s are tracked and Productivity Board is updated accordingly.
- Ensures seamless shift changeover (i.e. Operational Shift Summary/Transfers/Releases/etc.)
- Reviews daily production/transfer/inbound/outbound schedules to determine proper staffing to handle work load and minimize any production down time and carrier detention fees.
- Ensures release requests to appropriate storage facilities have been made if there is an immediate need for materials for current day production per the Supply & Demand.
- Ensures drivers’ schedules support all movements between facilities.
- Verifies and corrects quantities used on daily work orders to match quantities counted by Inventory Specialist. Investigates any large discrepancies.
- Reconciles BOL’s to receiving reports from outside cold storage and investigates differences.
- Oversees pallet exchange between ARYZTA and outside cold storage locations.
- Coach and administer progressive discipline when necessary.
- Reviews final production schedule for next day, verifies in-house quantities of raw materials and ensure all release requests are placed per the Materials Coordinator for the following day.
- Oversee cycle count process and follow-up with Inventory Lead on reconciliation.
- Reviews next day material needs with Packaging Materials Coordinator and Raw Materials Coordinator to assure arrival in a timely manner in order to meet production demands.
- Supports production personnel in locating in house materials and supplies and any other duties as assigned by Manager or Director of Bakery.
- Assists accounting department in the reconciling of general ledger accounts, invoicing problems and billing discrepancies.
- Supports movement of finished goods with Supply & Demand Coordinator to assure sufficient levels of product to meet scheduled outbound loads.
- This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
- Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Education/Experience Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor degree preferred. 5years experience in manufacturing environment. 5years experience in shipping and receiving department.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good general math skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with many departments and management levels.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands, handle or feel objects. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Ability to work in extreme cold temperature (40*- -10 degrees F) Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.