The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the proper warehousing and inventory control of raw materials and finished goods. Ensures the maximum utilization of warehouse facilities. He/she also coordinates with the purchasing, manufacturing and traffic departments to ensure proper receiving, transfer and dispatch of raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for all activities associated with warehousing and distributing quality frozen foods, including employee relations, safety consciousness, and quality and food safety requirements.
Supervises directly supervises up to 20 employees in the Warehouse and Distribution Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures effective utilization of warehouse areas and observes proper loading, unloading, stocking and safekeeping of items to maintain the quality of finished goods in order to prevent product damage and avoid occurrence of accidents and occupational hazards.
- Effectively monitors flow of goods and implements First-In First-Out (FIFO) method in the use of raw materials and in dispatching of finished goods.
- Provides for the safety of all personnel by strict observance of safety rules and regulations.
- Provides for regulatory compliance by working within Company quality policies and procedures and working closely with USDA & FDA Inspection personnel and regulations
- Coordinates with the purchasing department with regards to incoming deliveries of raw material and supplies.
- Coordinates with the manufacturing and traffic departments with regards to transfer and dispatch of finished goods.
- Ensure customer shipment accuracy.
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending and resolving internal and external customer issues on product preparation.
- Support the development of the Warehouse Team via ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Measure and address the effectiveness of employee performance and warehousing activities.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and orientation of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Manage employee relations through effective communication and adherence to policy.
- Control and organize storage and inventory space.
- Using STPD logic, implement new methods, processes, and improvements.
- Manage the production returns to the Warehouse and ensure items are dealt with promptly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related Warehouse supervisory experience
- Highly efficient supervisory techniques and skills.
- Understanding of warehouse software (WMS) application packages and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to retrieve, analyze and input data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong communications skill as well as critical thinking, coordination and problem-solving.
- Strict adherence to all safety measures. This includes dock area safety, ergonomics and mechanical handling.
- Excellent work ethic and a Lean mindset.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record
- Fluency in English (Written and Verbal) – required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer, employees, as well as Senior Management.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations