Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Responsible for all warehouse functions. Key accountability is for accurate and timely receipt and inspection of material, issuing production materials, shipping to external and internal locations, and inventory control
- Supervise team of 10-15 warehouse employees with multiple skill sets.
- Provide direction and support of team ensuring team performance aligns with plant goals.
- Supervise the issuance of production materials to SAP work orders.
- Interface with production team leaders to understand their needs.
- Maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Perform inventory control including administering cycle counts and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Oversee incoming inspections of raw production materials.
- Ensures that all warehouse activities are performed in a timely manner.
- Establishes effective procedures to ensure that inventory transactions are processed accurately.
- Researches and resolves erroneous SAP transactions.
- Supervise shipping and receiving.
- Comply with company safety, health, GMP, and ISO standards.
- Issue purchase requisitions for packaging supplies and other warehouse expense items.
- Continually analyze operation to make improvements in efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to reduce the number of freight transactions.
- Create and track measurements for the team's performance.
- Submits a monthly metrics report.
- Sets a personal example of leadership, behavior and commitment to the company and to achieving plant objectives.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Other related duties as assigned by Manager
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Holds people accountable
- Fosters teamwork
- Delegates tasks
- Effective communicator
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Minimum of 3 years supervising others (at least 5 or more individuals).
- 3 years SAP experience, preferably in a Warehouse-Managed environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Logistics experience, ideally in a temperature-controlled environment
International Mobility: No
- Up to 15% of time may be required for travel
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Storage / Distribution Manager