Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical& Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect, and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Please view our video for more information about Anixter.
Anixter offers a competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement program. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, and a 401(K) with employer match.
- Ensures compliance with operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, and shipping of products and materials.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker’s compensation and general liability issues.
- Review work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals.
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals of assigned functional areas.
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design.
- Schedule surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations maintenance and safety manuals.
- Could be assigned drivers as direct reports and need to manage local fleet of 8 trucks with assistance from Lead associates.
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds, and handles customer problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of Warehouse Management experience or 5+ years of Transportation Experience
- Dispatch OTR or Local fleet experience desired.
- Driver management, equipment management, and freight management desired.
- Distribution experience
- Knowledge of Electrical or Low Voltage products preferred but not required
- Combination of warehouse and transportation management preferred but not required
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.