This position will manage the day-to day, warehouse operation to include shipping, receiving, inventory control, staging of materials, issues to work orders and production support to complete production plans. Supervises all Warehouse personnel, reviewing all documentation for completeness and accuracy, enforcing all policies and procedures; focuses on safety, quality, cost, planning, and follow up on staff development & training and continuous improvement. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Enforce OSHA regulations and company safety rules within freezer, warehouse, and dock areas; promptly report all workplace accidents, injuries and unsafe incidents to Supervisor or Manager on duty.
- Ensure warehouse workers are using the required personal protective gear.
- Follow all HACCP program requirements to prevent system failure.
- Ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibility may include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assure adequate staffing to meet warehouse needs. Communicate staffing needs to Warehouse Manager on a consistent basis.
- Provide and concise reports regarding all shift activities.
- Help create, implement, and monitor training programs (i.e. Safety, GSP, and GMP).
- Analyze current procedures and develop new procedures to improve warehouse operations. Enforces and makes recommendations regarding Company policies.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained and certified regarding equipment operation, sanitation and safety.
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are inspected daily and maintained properly.
- Ensure that all powered equipment is charged as needed and charging procedures are followed.
- Assist and with delivery schedules and trucking appointments to optimize efficiency of dock area.
- Review all logs and documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist Warehouse Manager to ensure all scheduled pickups are made.
- Ensure all trucks are loaded correctly to eliminate damage during shipping.
- Monitor truck drivers and enforce dock rules.
- Oversee the receiving of raw and other materials to ensure receiving procedures are being followed. This includes correctly entering receipts into the inventory control computer program, thorough DSI barcode system.
- Update JDE systems as required.
- Ensure the proper dating and labeling of all pallets received.
- Check receipts to verify accuracy of counts.
- Ensure all scheduled deliveries are made.
- Oversee the timely and efficiently racking all finished goods and raw materials.
- Ensure the organization of the freezers, warehouses, dock,
- Support organization of product to support FIFO (first-in-first-out) rotation and physical counts.
- Ensure that all pallets of product and/or material are good condition.
- Monitor movement of material to ensure there is no unnecessary handling.
- Ensure all Daily/weekly cycle counts are carried out and updated as planned.
- Assist with year-end inventory audit.
- Identify and resolve count discrepancies between actual count and book count.
- Perform all functions to track and monitor all materials and material movement in all computer systems. Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory.
- Ensure production stays stocked with packaging, ingredients, pallets, etc.
- Ensure correct and on-time product flow through all departments across all shifts, seeking the input of appropriate personnel as required.
- Ensure all material transfer to production are entered into the inventory control computer program, update JDE system as required.
- Ensure that dock, warehouse, freezer and all storage areas are maintained cleaned and organized, perform inspections to ensure compliance.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or three (3) years of related experience and/.or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated effective leadership and team development
· Forklift experience required: Must successfully complete Forklift certification course with Ajinomoto, Inc.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as to keep track of and forecast product inventory and product movement as described herein.
· Ability to provide and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Word processing, E-mail, Order processing, Inventory, Manufacturing MRP software, JDE desired