87P, LLC is a market leader in food production specializing in healthy, fresh, clean-label, and plant-based concepts and products located in Carol Stream, IL. We provide full-service food processing, as well as cold-pressed juice and beverage solutions. We are currently searching for a full-time Warehouse Tech who has a CDL Class B truck driver's license. This individual will be responsible for materials handling activities, which includes receiving, logging, storing, distributing materials to production, inventory management, order picking, and overall organization of the cold storage warehouse. They will also deliver and pickup raw materials and finished goods during the day for the company and our customers locally (allowing individual to be home every night), while providing excellent service in a safe & efficient manner. Our truck is a 26 ft. long box truck that is dock height, air-ride equipped, and has automatic transmission. This role will directly report to the Logistics Manager, and work alongside other team members in the warehouse and production space. This is a first shift position with daily Monday - Friday hours of 7am-3:30pm.
• Maintain a safe working environment for all team members and visitors
• Maintain high quality and cleanliness standards in accordance with company food safety and sanitation standards
• Receive, weigh, and accurately log and label incoming materials and outbound shipments
• Inspect all incoming raw materials to ensure they fall within established food quality specs
• Distribute materials to production team in a timely fashion
• Store materials in compliance with food and job safety standards
• Keep the warehouse neat and organized
• Enter data into inventory management system as needed
• Drive a delivery truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
• Help load / unload shipment(s) to/from the 87P facility
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, straps, binders, or covers.
• Follow all federal, state, and local driving law, rules, regulations
• Keep all commercial license requirements current, company will provide reimbursement
• Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D.O.T. and 87P, LLC in a timely manner.
• Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, in climate weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
• Conduct daily inspections of vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order, as well as at the end of the shift. Must report any problems or damage to management
• Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
• Ensure accuracy by confirming BOL's provided by Logistics Manager/Procurement Manager with actual shipment being received
• Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients
• Strong people skills/communication
• Must have a strong attention to detail
• 2+ years of materials handling experience and 2+ years of driving experience
• Ability to work independently and willingness to work as a member of a team
• Available to work early start times Monday through Friday, and may be required to work weekends and/or emergencies as needed
• CDL Class B license – fully current – current DOT long form physical and medical card
• Clean driving record
• Ability to pass a DOT drug screening including MVR, PSP, DOT physical and criminal background check
• Previous experience working in food safe processing facility (preferred)
• Previous experience driving a refrigerated truck (preferred)
• Forklift certification (preferred)
• Must speak English
• Conversational Spanish (a plus)
• Move/Lift up to 60lbs; move pallets with pallet jack
• Bend/Stoop/Position one’s self to move product
• Must be able to read text and instructions
• Must be able to use a computer
• Must be able to stand most of the day
• Must wear personal protective equipment and follow all GMP safety guidelines
• Must be able to work in 35 degree temperatures for about 50% of the day
We hire and fire in accordance with our company’s Core Values:
• Continuous Improvement
• Safety & Healthy
• Environmental Stewardship
We offer competitive pay; Medical, Dental, Vision, voluntary coverage (STD, LTD, Life); an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); holiday pay, plus a great working environment, a culture of trust and growth opportunities for our employees.