Come join the team at Kaytee in Elgin, IL where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean, safe work environment with full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit sharing bonus. We are currently in need of a 1st Shift Warehouse Unloader. Warehouse Unloaders receive and unload freight containers, identify different material numbers and palletize materials accordingly. Must be able to use electric or manual handcart as well as count cases, unloading trucks, and move material throughout the facility. The primary responsibility of this position will be unloading trucks. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Safely, accurately and efficiently operate handcart.
- Accurately identify various incoming material and gain product knowledge and fill out receipt’s paperwork.
- Move product to appropriate storage locations
- Strong communication skills
- Unload trucks (as assigned)
- Must be able to lift 30 to 45 pounds
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the department
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work safely and efficiently.
- Previous forklift (sit-down) or handcart experience (preferred)
- Comfortable with the use of an RF Scanner (will train)
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Must have the ability to lift/handle up to 30-45 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work in a team environment.
- Must have solid organizational skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and average at least 40 hours a week. There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.