Join Wurth Louis and Company
Distributors of a complete selection of hardware, machinery, hand tools, supplies, laminate and solid surfaces for the professional cabinet shop.
Louis and Company, founded in 1975, is a leading provider of quality products to the woodworking industry. With a product portfolio that includes such leading brands as Blum, Formica, Rev-A-Shelf, Knape & Vogt, Grass, Doellken Woodtape, ML Campbell, among many others, Louis and Company provides professional woodworkers with one source for all the products they use, need and want.
In 1997, the company's success attracted the attention of Professor Reinhold Würth of The Würth Group - a worldwide distribution organization serving the wood, automotive and metal industries. Würth took over his father's small wholesale screw business in 1954, turning over the company's leadership to his daughter, Betina, in 2006. On July 15th, 2011, Louis and Company became Wurth Louis and Company, adopting the parent company's well-known brand, Würth. Wurth Louis and Company still provides the same great service with a highly trained sales force and comprehensive product range with the industry's leading brands. Since becoming a member of The Würth Group, Wurth Louis and Company has grown to 20 locations in 13 states.
Warehouse Worker (Shipping, Receiving, Order Filler) - Brea, CA
The ideal candidate flourishes when working independently. You must love the thrill of a challenge and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment, full of motivated individuals! Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus!
If you are looking for an opportunity with a progressive company within a growth industry, consider joining Wurth Louis and Company as a Warehouse Worker.
You will perform a variety of routine physical and administrative tasks that ensure the timely receipt of incoming materials and equipment, and distribution of out-going customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in receiving and inspecting incoming items/products. Ensure proper placement of products in the warehouse according to established guidelines and/or instructions from Supervisor.
- Pull inventory for stock, inspect and pack products for delivery. Verify inventories, maintain organization of products in the rack base and perform other miscellaneous stocking duties, as requested. Check order for accurate and proper documentation.
- Assist in completing basic paperwork relative to shipping and receiving tasks. This includes preparing necessary documentation regarding weight and freight cost on the order and properly labeling and documenting any hazardous material packages.
- Perform janitorial duties as assigned to keep work area clean.
- Operate motorized cart/forklift and perform other related job duties as required or requested by the Company.
- Must read and write in English and understand numerical and alphabetical sequences.
- Requires the ability to complete forms and order parts.
- This position requires lifting up to 75 pounds, climbing ladders and spending significant periods of time each day engaged in physical labor.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum six (6) months related warehouse experience preferred.
- Experience operating a stock picker and/or forklift preferred. Must be certified as a forklift operator within 60 calendar days of start date.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Distribution industry preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee would be required to answer phones, type on a computer, 10-key, filing and other general clerical duties. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
These activities are also included in the physical demands: walking, speaking, breathing, seeing, hearing, learning, working, performing manual tasks, caring for oneself, attending employment related activities, interacting with others, and ability to travel as business requires.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include a group health, dental and vision plan, long term disability and life insurance, 401(k) Plan, FSA, paid vacations and paid holidays.
Apply online click here
Wurth Louis and Company
895 Columbia St.
Brea, CA 92821
Wurth Louis and Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only please. Temporary or permanent placement recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.