BUILD YOUR FUTURE AS WE BUILD OURS�
Universal�s Kimberton/Phoenixville, PA location is hiring experienced Warehouse/Yard Associates
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Northern Delaware, Northern and Eastern Shore Maryland.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. This knowledge sets us apart and enables us to provide consistent, unsurpassed customer service. With relationships being the backbone of Universal Supply, we are excited to partner with our customers and focus on their success.
We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our warehouse associates make to our daily business operations. To continue the commitment in servicing our customers, we are currently seeking a Warehouse Associates to join Kimberton, PA team.
The safety sensitive Warehouse/Yard associate position receives, stocks, ships, and counts inventory items. is a position that is responsible for the safe operation of a forklift and power tools in order to stock and load all building materials. Perform duties within the established work and safety procedures.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary
- We support each other and we work hard
- We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task
Things you need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum experience required�6 months or more in building materials industry is preferred; 6 months experience in warehousing; handling products using computerized inventory systems (RF scanners) is a plus. Basic knowledge of and experience in using hand power tools, ladders, etc. Previous working knowledge of building materials is highly desirable.
- Other�Basic math skills, ability to identify and measure commodities and specialty building products; knowledge of lumber and building materials is a definite plus. Demonstrative commitment to safety.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more.
- Adhere to USC�s attendance policy with dependable attendance
- Pass background and drug testing
- Health Benefits available (medical/dental/vision/Rx/FSA)
- Paid time off and holidays
- 401K Retirement program with Company match
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Competitive rates and bonus program
- Monday � Friday schedules with occasional Saturday mornings
It is Universal Supply Co.�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.