JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant Instructor
Vandelay Education is seeking experienced dental assistants with a passion for training the next generation. Instructor positions are PART-TIME with classes held on Saturdays from 7:30 AM to 6 PM.
MINIMUM STATE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or GED
- 2+ YEARS (including months) of recent, chair-side experience
- Current experience in GENERAL DENTISTRY skills and procedures
- An industry-recognized dental certification (CDA, EDDA, etc.) preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification preferred
Our intense, 12-week program is designed to provide accessible, hands-on education to students from all walks of life. Classes take place directly in a dental office rather than in a traditional classroom -- allowing students to learn in the very same environment they will eventually work in.
Instructors use their chair-side experience and training to teach our students the skills that they need to succeed as entry-level dental assistants. Instructors are also expected to participate in two open houses per month to help assist in increasing enrollment for the upcoming classes. Open houses will typically be held on Saturday's after class.
- Prepare for each class by reviewing the curriculum, lab stations, and Powerpoint presentations provided.
- Deliver Powerpoint-based lectures, supplementing with real-life work experience as needed.
- Demonstrate dental skills/procedures and assist students as they practice hands-on in the lab.
- Evaluate individual/group performance and make any necessary adjustments to meet student learning needs.
- Monitor student attendance and coordinate with our Administrative Office when absences occur.
- Enforce classroom management (i.e. students are expected to be respectful, professional, and well-behaved; office workspaces and common areas are expected to be kept clean, etc.) and ensure that safety precautions are adhered to.
SALARY: Starting at $23/HOUR
- Knowledge of the subjects covered in our curriculum, as well as the ability to convey them via lecture and hands-on demonstration.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, printing, scanning, troubleshooting, connecting to WiFi, etc.
- A passion for helping others achieve their personal goals.
- Prior teaching or training experience
- Familiarity with Dentrix software