Our story began with a passionate idea that we could change the world.... And to be honest, we’ve never stopped believing that... In 1986 it was a simple concept that microbiology teamed with innovation and clinical contribution could eliminate an issue that was profoundly impacting the healthcare industry – HIV acquired through needle-stick injuries.
In Australia, we lived out our dream. Investing years into R&D to create the safest containment system in the world and taking on the industry status quo to petition for higher standards in sharps protection, we witnessed an 80+ percent reduction in disposal-related needlestick injuries nationwide. And then we kept going...
Today Daniels Health, led by our founding visionary Dan Daniels, is working across healthcare facilities globally to usher in a new minimum standard in sharps and medical waste management. Bringing safety and infection control to the forefront of healthcare waste management, and ensuring KPI’s of cost, waste volume, and environmental impact is a shared responsibility between the waste generator and its Daniels partnership, Daniels Health is bringing healthcare waste back into the clinical spotlight.
In 32 years, from a home garage with nothing but makeshift PVC waste tubes and an irrepressible dream, Daniels has grown to become one of the most influential healthcare service companies in the world. Its safe practices have become the benchmark of global standards, its robotic washing and treatment technologies have achieved unprecedented levels of decontamination efficacy, and its products are esteemed unrivaled industry-wide in the protection of the safety of healthcare workers. We are collectively and passionately committed to Making Healthcare Safer.
Production Associates are responsible for operating all the processes within the plant and the computer control system for the plant. They are accountable for informing the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager when production problems arise. They are also responsible for keeping on-coming operators informed on current status of processes and what needs to be done for the next shift.
- Add water, detergents, or chemicals to tanks to dilute or strengthen solutions, according to established formulas and solution test results
- Adjust equipment controls to maintain specified heat, tension, and speed
- Observe display screens, control panels, equipment, and cloth entering or exiting processes to determine if equipment is operating correctly
- Load / unload production line of light weight sharps containers on conveyor system for scanning in the washsmart system
- Accurately complete and maintain all paperwork (manifests); scan waste into the washsmart system for proper recordkeeping purposes; fill outbound orders
- Inspect cleaned containers before loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use distribution
- Follow all health and safety requirements including wearing personal PPE and attending safety meetings
- Keep operations coming on-shift briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift
- General housekeeping issues
- Conduct basic cleaning and maintenance of the Washsmart
- Decontaminate vehicle's cargo-carrying portion (transporter), reload assigned re-usable tubs and insures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor
- Drive forklift or operate hand trucks once properly trained
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience working in production / process environment
- Solid work references and good attendance history
- Honest & reliable
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work weekends, holidays or flex hours as needed by production demands
- Mechanical background preferred
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations preferred
- Occasionally working in space restrictive areas
- Extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 300 pounds
- Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds
- Standing for extended periods of time
Daniels is an EEO Affirmative Action Employer
Daniels Health is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.