At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Waste Water Treatment Operator/Environmental Engineer in Dubois, Pennsylvania.
The purpose of this role is to be the primary resource responsible for the operation of the Wastewater Treatment Facility at our manufacturing location in DuBois, Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Add chemicals, such as ammonia or chlorine, to disinfect water or other liquids
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis
- Monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges, and make any adjustments as necessary
- Collect daily process samples and conducted associated lab work and reporting requirements.
- Record meter and gauge readings and operational data
- Document and report test results to regulatory agencies and maintain compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Document daily operations and prepare internal and external reports as necessary.
- Provide local site team of daily updates regarding WWTP operation.
- Report to the local site team of any actions necessary to avoid regulatory non-compliance or operational interruption.
- Operate equipment to purify and clarify water or to process or dispose of sewage
- Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas
- Follow U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- Ensure safety standards are met
- Achieving the operational expectations for the wastewater system
- Utilizing practical continuous improvement tools to identify and address process improvement needs, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Capacity Analysis
- Develop generic profiles of the wastewater during the plant production of certain products and their impact on the COD, BOD, and TSS loading.
- Maintain WWTP chemical inventory and place replenishment orders as needed.
- Develop and support the creation of WWTP PM’s and SOPs.
- Coordinate with 3rd party wastewater treatments resources, contractors, haulers, etc.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and orderly wastewater plant
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Wastewater Treatment Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in wastewater treatment operations
- Possess at least a Level/Class C Wastewater Treatment Certification from EPA, required
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and mechanical skills and be detail oriented,
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to balance daily "tactical" needs along with allocating time to "strategic" long-term, continuous improvement initiatives.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
- Experience in the Dairy/Food/Beverage Manufacturing industry and Wastewater Treatment Operations
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. #LI-NORAM